《基督山伯爵 汉英对照》(法)大仲马著;赵喜峰译|(epub+azw3+mobi+pdf)电子书下载

图书名称:《基督山伯爵 汉英对照》

【作 者】(法)大仲马著;赵喜峰译
【页 数】 468
【出版社】 北京:同心出版社 , 2014.06
【ISBN号】978-7-5477-1138-5
【价 格】59.80
【分 类】长篇小说-法国-近代-英语-汉语-对照读物
【参考文献】 (法)大仲马著;赵喜峰译. 基督山伯爵 汉英对照. 北京:同心出版社, 2014.06.

图书封面:

图书目录:

《基督山伯爵 汉英对照》内容提要:

本书主要讲述的是十九世纪一位名叫爱德蒙·唐泰斯的大副受到陷害后的悲惨遭遇以及日后以基督山伯爵身份成功复仇的故事。法老号大副唐泰斯受船长委托,为波拿巴党人送了一封信,遭到两个卑鄙小人和法官的陷害,被打入死牢。狱友法里亚神甫向他传授各种知识,并在临终前把埋于基督山岛上的一批宝藏秘密告诉了他。唐泰斯越狱后找到了宝藏,成为巨富。从此名基督山伯爵,经过精心策划,报答了恩人,惩罚了仇人。故事情节曲折生动,处处出人意料。清晰明朗的完整结构,充满浪漫的传奇色彩,章章奇特新颖,引人入胜。《基度山伯爵》被公认为通俗小说中的典范。这部小说出版后,很快就赢得了广大读者的青睐。本书是中英文双语版,可以满足广大英语爱好者的需要,让读者在阅读国外经典的同时学习英语。

《基督山伯爵 汉英对照》内容试读

基督山伯爵

第一章船到马赛

Chapter 1 Marseilles-The Arrival

1815年2月24日,加尔德大教堂钟

On the 24th of February,1815,the look-out at

楼顶瞭望台上的守望员发出信号,从士

Catholic church tower signalled the arrival of the three-

麦那港返航,途经里亚斯特和那不勒斯

master,Pharaon from Smyrna,Trieste,and Naples.

的三桅大船“埃及王”号到了。

但它行驶的如此缓慢和无精打采,

But so slowly and sedately that the idlers,with

以致那些看热闹的人本能地感觉到了不

that instinct which is the forerunner of evil,asked

祥的预兆,互相探问船上究竞发生了什

one another what misfortune could have happened on

么不幸的事。

board.

圣让堡平顶台上围观的人们心中隐

The vague disquietude which prevailed among

约不安,其中一位更是烦躁难耐。他不

the spectators had so much affected one of the crowd

等船进港靠岸便跳上一只小艇,下令向

that he did not await the arrival of the vessel in harbor,

“埃及王”号划去,在雷瑟夫湾对面的

but jumping into a small skiff,desired to be pulled

水面靠上了“埃及王”号。

alongside the Pharaon,which he reached as sherounded into La Reserve basin.

船上的那个年轻人看见他来,迅速

When the young man on board saw this person

从领港的位置走下来,摘下帽子,俯身

approach,he left his station by the pilot,and,hat in

靠在船舷的护栏上。年轻人有十八九岁

hand,leaned over the ship's bulwarks.He was a fine,

的样子,一双黑眼晴炯炯有神,头发乌

tall,slim young fellow of eighteen or twenty,with

黑发亮。浑身上下都透出那种只有自幼

black eyes,and hair as dark as a raven's wing;and

就经风雨才具备的镇定和坚毅。

his whole appearance bespoke that calmness andresolution peculiar to men accustomed from theircradle to contend with danger.

“是您!邓蒂斯”小艇上的人喊

"Ah,is it you,Dantes?"cried the man in the skiff.

道,“出了什么事吗?为什么你们的船

"What's the matter?and why have you such an air of

显得那么沮丧?”

sadness aboard?"

“真是太不幸了,摩莱尔先生!”

“A great misfortune,Mr.Morrel,,”replied the

年轻人答道,“太不幸了,船驶到奇维

young man,"a great misfortune,Off Civita Vecchia we

塔·韦基亚附近时,我们失去了好心的黎

lost our brave Captain Leclere."

克勒船长。”

“货物怎么样?”船主急切地问。

"And the car go?"inquired the owner,eagerly.

“货物安全,摩莱尔先生,我想这

"It's all safe,Mr.Morrel,and I think you will

方面您会满意的…”这时,年轻人见

be satisfied with that head..."Then,as they were just

船已经驶过朗德塔,便大声喊道:“落

passing the Round Tower,the young man shouted:

-1

基督山伯爵

大帆!落三角帆!.落后桅帆!拴缆绳!全

"Stand by there to lower the topsails and jib!Brail

船收帆!”最后一道命令一下,船上的帆

up the spanker!Let go-and clue up!"At this last

都降落下来,大船只是凭借自身的冲力

command all the sails were lowered,and the vessel

在滑行,几乎感觉不到是在前移动。

moved almost imperceptibly onwards.

“摩莱尔先生,您想现在上来就

"Now,if you will come on board,Mr.Morrel,"

请吧,”邓蒂斯看见船主有些不耐烦,

said Dantes,observing the owner's impatience,"here

便说道,“那位是您的押运员邓格拉司

is your supercargo,Mr.Danglars,coming out of his

先生。他从船舱走出来了,您想了解什

cabin,who will furnish you with every particular.As

么,他会告诉您。至于我,我得照应抛

for me,I must look after the anchoring,and dress the

锚,而且还要给船挂丧。”

ship in mourning.”

邓格拉司已经径直向船主走去。

Danglars came towards the owner."Well,Mr

“您好,摩莱尔先生,”他说,“您已

Morrel,"said Danglars,"you have heard of the

经知道那件不幸的事了,是吗?”

misfortune that has been fallen us?"

“是啊,是啊,可怜的黎克勒船长!

“Yes,yes,poor Captain Leclere!He was a brave

他可是一位善良、正直的人啊!”

and an honest man."

“更是一位优秀的海员,与大海、

"And a first-rate seaman,one who had seen long

蓝天为伴度过了一生,让他负责维护像

and honorable service,as became a man charged with

摩莱尔父子公司这样重要的公司的利益

the interests of a house so important as that of Morrel

是很合适的。”邓格拉司答道。

Son,"replied Danglars.

“不过,”船主一边看着正在指挥

"But,"replied the owner,glancing after Dantes,

下锚的邓蒂斯,一边说,“我觉得精通

who was watching the anchoring of his vessel,"it

业务的水手也不一定像您说的非得是老

seems to me that a sailor needs not be so old as you

船员,邓格拉司,你看我们的朋友邓蒂

say,Danglars,to understand his business,for our

斯,我认为他干得就特别出色,无需向

friend Edmond seems to understand it thoroughly,and

任何人请教。”

not to require instruction from any one."

“嗯,”邓格拉司答道,他向邓

“Yes,”said Danglars,darting at Edmond a look

蒂斯斜膘了一眼,闪现出仇恨的目光,

gleaming with hate."Scarcely was the captain's

“船长刚死,他也不征求一下别人的意

breath out of his body when he assumed the command

见,就揽下了指挥权。在厄尔巴岛,他

without consulting any one,and he caused us to lose a

多逗留了一天半的时间,而没有直接返

day and a half at the Island of Elba,instead of making

回马赛。这一天半之所以被浪费,纯属

for Marseilles directly and this day and a half was lost

他肆意任性的缘故,他只是想到岸上去

from pure him,for the pleasure of going ashore,and

玩玩罢了。”

nothing else.”

“邓蒂斯,”船主转过脸对年轻

"Dantes,"said the ship owner,turning towards

人喊道,“请到这里来。”“对不起,

the young man,“come this way!'“In a moment,.sir,”

先生,”邓蒂斯回答,“我一会儿就

answered Dantes,"and I'm with you."Then calling

-2-

基督山伯爵

来。”接着,他大声对全体水手说:

to the crew,he said-"Let go!"Dantes continued at

“下锚!”邓蒂斯仍然坚守岗位,直到最

his post in spite of the presence of the pilot,until this

后一项操作完成为止。

manoeuvre was completed.

“您看,”邓格拉司说,“他已经

“You see,”said Danglars,“he fancies himself

自以为是船长了,我敢肯定。”“事实

captain already,upon my word.""And so,in fact,he

上他已经是了,”船主回答。邓格拉司

is,"said the owner.A cloud passed over Danglars'

的额头上掠过一道阴霾。

brow.

“对不起,摩莱尔先生,”邓蒂斯

“Your pardon,Mr.Morrel,”said Dantes,

走过来说道,“现在船已抛锚,我完全

approaching,"the vessel now rides at anchor,and I am

听候您的吩附。您刚才叫我,是吗?”

at your service.You hailed me,I think?"

“我想问问你,为什么你在厄尔巴

"I wished to inquire why you stopped at the

岛耽搁了?”

Island of Elba?"

“我也不清楚,先生。我是为了完

"I do not know,sir.it was to fulfill the last

成黎克勒船长最后的一项嘱附。他在临

instructions of Captain Leclere,who,when dying,gave

终前,曾交给我一包东西,是给贝特朗

me a packet for Marshal Bertrand."

大元帅的。”

“好啦,好啦,”船主亲热地拍

“Come,come,”continued he,patting Edmond's

着年轻人的肩膀,接着说,“邓蒂斯,

shoulder kindly,"you did very right,Dantes,to follow

你遵照黎克勒船长的吩附在厄尔巴岛逗

Captain Leclere's instructions,and touch at Elba,

留,做得好啊。尽管如果有人知道你曾

although if it were known that you had conveyed a

把一包东西交给元帅,还同陛下交谈

packet to the marshal,and had conversed with the

过,你很有可能会受连累的。”

emperor,it might bring you into trouble.

“先生,在哪方面连累我?”邓蒂

"How could that bring me into trouble,sir?"

斯问道,“我甚至都不知道我带的是

asked Dantes,"for I did not even know of what I was

什么东西,陛下向我提的问题,他见

the bearer;and the emperor merely made such inquiries

了任何陌生人都会那么问的。哦,对不

as he would of the first comer.But,pardon me,here are

起,”邓蒂斯转口说道,“卫生署和海

the health officers and the customs inspectors coming

关关员来了!”于是他便迎了上去。

alongside."And the young man went to the gangway.

当他走远之后,邓格拉司又凑上前

As he departed,Danglars approached,and said,

来。“我想,除了那包东西,黎克勒船

"I believe that,besides the packet,Captain Leclere

长还托付他转交一封信。”“他一点也

onfided a letter to his care.""He did not speak to me of

没提起过,”船长回答说,“不过假如

it,"replied the ship owner,"but if there be any letter he

他有这封信,他会转交给我的。”

will give it to me."

邓格拉司思索了一会儿。“这样的

Danglars reflected for a moment."Then,Mr.

话,摩莱尔先生,”他说道,“我请您

Morrel,I beg of you,"said he,"not to say a word to

千万别对邓蒂斯提起这件事,也许我弄

Dantes on the subject.I may have been mistaken."At

-3-

影基督山伯爵

4

错了。”就在这个时候,年轻人走了回

this moment the young man returned;Danglars

来:邓格拉司走开了。

withdrew.

“你能来和我们共进晚餐吗?”

"Then you can come and dine with me?"

“请原谅,摩莱尔先生。我得先去

"I really must ask you to excuse me,Mr.Morrel.

看看我的父亲。不过,有幸得到您的邀

My first visit is due to my father,though I am not the

请,我非常感激。”

less grateful for the honor you have done me."

“好吧!你见过父亲之后,就来我

"Well,then,after this first visit has been made we

们这儿。”

shall count on you.”

“再次请您原谅,摩莱尔先生。

"I must again excuse myself,Mr.Morrel,for after

见过我父亲之后,我还要去探望另一个

this first visit has been paid I have another which I am

人,这对我同样重要。”

most anxious to pay."

“啊,不错,邓蒂斯。我倒忘了,

"True,Dantes,I forgot that there was at the

在迦太兰人那里,还有个人在等着你,

Catalans someone who expects you no less impatiently

她的焦急不亚于你父亲,她就是美丽的

than your father -the lovely Mercedes."Dantes

美茜蒂丝吧。”邓蒂斯笑了。

blushed.

“行啦,行啦,亲爱的爱德蒙,”船

"Well,well,my dear Edmond,"continued the

主接着说道,“那我就不留你啦。我的事

owner,"don't let me detain you.You have managed

你办得很出色,现在也该让你痛痛快快处

my affairs so well that I ought to allow you all the time

理你自己的事情啦。你需要用钱吗?”

you require for your own.Do you want any money?"

“不,先生!我已经拿过这次航行的

"No,sir!I have all my pay to take-nearly three

全部酬金了,将近三个月的工钱呢。”

months'wages."

“黎克勒船长在临终时没有让你把

"Captain Leclere did not,before he died,give you

一封信转交给我吧?”

a letter for me?"

“那时他虚弱得根本提不起笔来

"He was unable to write,sir.But that reminds me

了,先生。不过,我倒想起来了,我还

that I must ask your leave of absence for some days."

要向您请半个月的事假。”

“去结婚?”

"To get married?"

“先结婚,再去巴黎一趟。”

"Yes,first,and then to go to Paris."

“很好!你想请多久都行,邓蒂

"Very good;have what time you require,Dantes.

斯。不过,三个月后,要赶快回来。”

Only be back again in three months,for the Pharaon,"

船主拍拍年轻海员的肩膀说,“‘埃及

added the owner,patting the young sailor on the back,

王’号出发可不能没有船长呀。”

“cannot sail without her captain.”

“不能没有船长!”邓蒂斯眼中闪烁

"Without her captain!"cried Dantes,his eyes

着欣喜的光芒大声说道,“您的意思是

sparkling with animation,"Is it really your intention

任命我担任‘埃及王’号的船长吗?摩

to make me captain of the Pharaon?Mr.Morrel,I thank

莱尔先生,我以家父和美茜蒂丝的名义you in the name of my father and of Mercedes."

-4

基督山伯爵彩

向您致谢。”

“好啊,爱德蒙,上帝保佑正直的

"That's all right,Edmond.There's a providence

人。哦,对了,快去看你的父亲和美茜

that watches over the deserving.Go to your father:go

蒂丝吧,办完事情再来找我。”

and see Mercedes,and after wards come to me."

“再见,摩莱尔先生,多谢

"Then,for the present,M.Morrel,farewell,and

了。”“再见,亲爱的爱德蒙,祝你走a thousand thanks!""I hope soon to see you again,my运!”

dear Edmond.Good luck to you."

青年海员跳上小艇,走到船尾坐

The young sailor jumped into the skiff,and sat

下,吩附水手向卡尼般丽街划去。两名

down in the stern sheets,with the order that he be put

水手立即弯腰划桨。

ashore at La Canebiere.

船主微笑着目送他上了岸,看到他

The ship owner,smiling,followed him with

跃上码头的石板地,并立即消失在人群

his eyes until he saw him spring out on the quay and

中。船主刚转过身,便看见邓格拉司站

disappear in the midst of the throng.On turning round

在他身后,表面上似乎是在等着他的吩

the owner saw Danglars behind him,apparently

附,实际上却也在目不转睛地盯着年轻

awaiting orders,but in reality also watching the

海员离去。不过,虽说这两个人同时在

young sailor.But there was a great difference in the

看着同一个人,但目光里的含义却迥然

expression of the two men who thus followed the

不同。

movements of Edmond Dantes.

第二章父亲和儿子

Chapter 2 Father and Son

邓蒂斯走过整条卡尼般丽街,拐进

Dantes,who,after having traversed La Canebiere,

诺黎史街。他进入米兰巷方向左面的一

took the Rue Noailles,and entering a small house,on

座小楼,飞快地爬上一排阴暗的楼梯,

the left of the Allees de Meillan,rapidly ascended four

跑到第五层,在一扇半掩着的门前停

flights of a dark staircase,paused before a half-open

下。邓蒂斯的父亲就住在这间屋子里。

door.This room was occupied by Dantes'father.

老人还不知道“埃及王”号回来的消

The news of the arrival of the Pharaon had not yet

息。突然,他感到自己被人拦腰抱住了,

reached the old man.Suddenly,he felt an arm thrown

老人大叫一声,转过身子;接着,他看清

around his body,the old man uttered a cry,and turned

是自己的儿子,脸色一下子变得煞白,浑

round;then,seeing his son,he fell into his arms,pale

身直打颤,就势倒人儿子的怀抱里。

and trembling.

“怎么啦!怎么啦!”年轻人说

“Come,come,”said the young man,“a glass of

道,“喝一杯葡萄酒,父亲,您就会没

wine,father,will revive you.Where do you keep your

事的。您把酒放到哪儿去啦?”“找不到

wine?”“It is no use,”said the old man,“there is no

的”老人说,“没有酒了。”

wine."

“什么,没有酒了!”这回邓蒂斯的

"What,no wine?"said Dantes,turning pale,and

-5

基督山伯爵

4

44444人

脸也开始发白了,他看看老人凹陷而苍

looking alternately at the hollow cheeks of the old man

白的脸颊,又看看空空如也的柜子说,

and the empty cupboards."What,no wine?Have you

“什么,没有酒了!您没钱用了吗,父

wanted money,father?Yet I gave you two hundred

亲?可是,三个月前我临走时给您留下过

francs when I left three months ago."

两百法郎的。”

“不错,不错,爱德蒙,一点不

"Yes,yes,Edmond,that is true,but you forgot at

错。可是你临行时忘了欠邻居卡德罗斯

that time a little debt to our neighbor,Caderousse.He

的一笔债。他向我提起,说如果我不能

reminded me of it,telling me if I did not pay for you,

为你还债,他就要去摩莱尔先生家要他

he would be paid by Mr.Morrel;and so,you see,let he

还了。这样,你明白吗,我担心会影响

might do you an injury..."

你…”

“啊,上帝啊,请原谅我吧!”

“Heaven pardon me,”cried Edmond,falling on

爱德蒙跪倒在老人面前叫喊道。“傻

his knees before his father."Never mind it,for I see

话!”老人微笑着说,“既然你回来了,

you once more,"said the old man,"and now it's all

一切也就都过去了,因为一切都会好起

over-everything is all right again.""Yes,here I am,"

来的。”“是啊,我回来了,”年轻人

said the young man,"with a promising future and a

说,“我回来了,前程远大,还带回一

little money.Here,father,here!"And he emptied his

些钱。拿着吧,父亲,”说着他把口袋

pockets on the table.

里的钱全都倒在了桌子上。

“轻点声,轻点声,”老人笑着

"Gently,gently,"said the old man,with a smile,

说,“如果你同意,我还是把你的钱节

"and by your leave I will use your purse moderately."

省点用吧。”“随你的便。不过首先应

"Do as you please;but,first of all,pray have a servant,

该雇用一个女佣人,父亲,我不愿你再

father.I will not have you left alone so long.I have

一个人过日子了。我还带了一点咖啡和

some smuggled coffee and most capital tobacco,

上等烟草,都在船舱的小保险箱里,明

in a small chest in the hold,which you shall have

天就拿来。嘘有人来了。”“准是卡德

tomorrow.But,hush,here comes somebody.""'It's

罗斯,他得知你回来了,大概来说几句

Caderousse,who has heard of your arrival,and no

祝你平安归来之类的客气话吧。”

doubt comes to congratulate you on your fortunatereturn."

果真,父亲刚刚轻声轻气地说完,

As father paused,the black and bearded head

在门口就露出了卡德罗斯那张长满胡子

of Caderousse appeared at the door."What,is it

的黑脸。“啊!你回来啦,爱德蒙?”

you,Edmond,back again?"said he,with a broad

他带着浓重的马赛口音,咧开嘴笑着说

Marseillaise accent,and a grin that displayed his ivory-

话,露出一口白得像象牙的牙齿。“回

white teeth."Yes,as you see,neighbor Caderousse;

来啦,卡德罗斯,我正准备如何使你高

and ready to be agreeable to you in any and every

兴一下哩,”邓蒂斯答道,表面上的几way,”replied Dantes,but ill-concealing his coldness

-6

···试读结束···

阅读剩余
THE END